Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Now I'm Going To Talk Cloth Diapers...

I have had a lot of people ask me (and The Hubs) for info on cloth diapering and/or how to get started. I have promised several people that I would blog a little Getting Started 101.
Here we go!

I will break this down into a series of posts with one or two types of diapers per post. I'm going to try and share all the information I wish I had been able to find when I started.

I can tell you it is completely possible to CD (cloth diaper) from birth to potty training for around $250. This is a huge savings when compared to $3500 for the average child in disposables from birth until age 2. The Diaper Pin has an awesome cloth diaper savings calculator I love sharing with people.

There are other reasons people choose cloth besides the cost savings. Some want to lessen their children's exposure to chemicals an d toxins. Some want to reduce landfill waste. Some think cloth diapers are just way too cute. And some choose cloth just because they want to choose it.

Cloth really isn't difficult or time-consuming. I will try to de-mystify it and make available everything that would have been super useful to me when I was jumping in the fluffy pool. If I leave anything out, please let me know and I will be sure to include it.

Happy reading! And welcome to the land of fluffy cuteness.

0 comments: