Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day To ALL Mothers

I don't want to talk much about the Time magazine cover. I know most people won't open it up and read the article on attachment parenting thanks, more than anything, to the phrase, "Are You Mom Enough?"
That's just an awesome way to alienate those who aren't familiar with AP.
Yargh.
I will NOT contribute to the Mommy Wars. Nope. "Not I, not I," said the big brown bear. Nuh-unh.

I WILL say:
Whether you breastfeed or formula feed or do a combo of the two...
Whether you wear your baby or not...
Whether you co-sleep or bedshare or your babe is in a crib in their own room...
Cloth diaper or disposable diaper...
Circumcised or uncircumcised...
If your baby is still residing in your belly...
Work or SAHM or WAHM...
Crunchy or creamy...
If you are an Angel Mommy...
Whatever "kind" of parent - of Mom- you are, if you love and care for your lil one(s), I say,
"Happy Mother's Day!!!"

I will not contribute to the Mommy Wars. Good moms, like awesome cupcakes, come in all flavors. I think we should all support each other in this wonderful and scary adventure of raising our children. So long as your children are happy, loved, and cared for--- You are doing it right!

Happy Mother's Day! Love to you all!

Now, if you will excuse me, I am going to snuggle up with the little person who calls me mommy and  thank him for making today one of my favorite days of the year!

0 comments: